Friday, August 1, 2008

Summer Reading


It’s a long weekend here in Canada, so I’m off to the family cottage. Yvonne won’t be so lucky. Last time I asked, she was getting ready to shoot a movie scene in the middle of a fountain in a busy downtown square. There was muttered talk of rain towers and hand-held craziness. If you’ve read All I Want to Do is Direct, you’ll know what her typical shooting day is like. And as far as I could tell, there are no big stars on this shoot to make up for the pain. Much can be endured when Scott Speedman, Brad Pitt or Richard Gere are at the other end of the camera lens.

Meanwhile, I’ll be on the deck reading. This photo above doesn't do full justice to the view, but it'll give you an idea.

My summer list so far: Certain Girls by Jennifer Weiner, Love the One You’re With by Emily Giffen, The Host by Stephanie Meyer, The Jane Austen Book Club by Karen Joy Fowler, Speak by Laurie Halse Anderson, and my favorite so far, This is How I Live Now by Meg Roseff.

Plus, after much resistance, I recently succumbed to Friday Night Lights, a TV series some of my favorite authors have raved about on their blogs. Love it!

Must get on the road before the rest of Toronto, so I’ll spread the long-weekend-cheer by offering another book giveaway. Leave a comment or send an e-mail telling us which of our books you’d most like to read and we’ll draw a winner.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I would like to read "Girl v. Boy." It sounds like a great book.

--Geena

August 3, 2008 at 7:03 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dear Yvonne and Sandy,

The book I would most like to read is your latest book, Girl V. Boy.

Sincerely,
Kristina

August 3, 2008 at 7:15 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home